If you are tired of trying to manage a dry scalp and patches of hair loss, making your own DIY hair growth serum could be the solution you are looking for.
You can make your own hair loss serum at home with natural ingredients.
A DIY homemade serum that is affordable, easy to make, and very effective.
Personally, I have been using shop-bought serums and other treatments in the hope that they will help regrow my hair.
I have finally decided to make my own serum with ingredients that have been proven to work with hair loss issues.
I really hope it will work for you.
Please note that this post contains affiliate links. It means that if you buy through my links I will receive a small compensation at no extra cost to you.
DIY Hair Growth Serum Recipe
Try this recipe if your hair is thinning or you have hair loss patches. After using this serum for a few months it will become smoother, stronger, and healthier.
It looks very promising because the ingredients I have used are effective to stimulate hair growth.
Use this serum recipe overnight for an intense treatment or during the day over clean dry hair.
So let’s see what we need.
Ingredients You Need
- 10 g jojoba oil
- 15 g grapeseed oil
- 7 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 3 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil
- Bottle (spray or dropper)
How To Make It
Combine all the ingredients and place them in a spray bottle or a bottle with a dropper.
Close the bottle and shake the content vigorously.
How to Use it
Remember to shake the bottle before each use.
- Spray the serum on your fingertips and apply it to the scalp. Use the serum on a dry and clean scalp.
- Massage the scalp in circular slow motions for at least 2 minutes, and cover your head with a warm towel or cling film.
- You can use the serum before going to bed so that the scalp and hair are treated overnight.
- Use a regular fragrance-free shampoo to clean your hair.
- Use it once a day for a few months to notice any difference.
How Long Does It Last?
When kept at room temperature, it can last 3 months (self-life of grapeseed oil). If stored in the fridge, the hair serum can last up to 6 months.
Homemade Hair Growth Oil Serum Benefits
Jojoba: A popular essential oil known to aid in hair care. Jojoba oil is used to treat hair loss, and it is very effective for damaged and dry hair. The reason why it is good for making hair growth serum is that it easily mixes well with other essential oils.
Lavender: It is a good antibacterial agent, helping to protect the scalp while relieving itchiness, dandruff, and hair loss. Its hair growth properties are enhanced when it is mixed with other essential oils.
Rosemary: Apart from promoting hair growth, rosemary oil improves blood circulation to the scalp, which in turn, helps to nourish the hair. Rosemary oil is good for all hair types.
Tea Tree: It acts as an antiseptic and an antiviral agent. It is also very good for people experiencing hair loss problems. This is especially so if used with other carrier oils.
Other oils that are good to improve the hair’s condition are coconut oil and castor oil. Use them alone as hair treatments or mixed with other oils to maximize their hair benefits.
- Is your hair curly? Do you find it difficult to manage? Learn how to take care of it with this curly hair routine.
- Homemade Aloe Vera shampoo recipe
- Easy DIY flaxseed gel serum recipe for skin and hair
- Tips to make your hair smell great all-day
- Homemade hair growth shampoo with nettle
Nowadays, you can find essential oils at reasonable prices so no need to worry about the ingredients being expensive. Plus, it will last you quite a while.
Also, remember that all DIY hair treatments should be made in a very clean environment.
It is also wise to consult a physician before using some essential oils, just in case you experience side effects. Some doctors advise pregnant women against the use of rosemary extracts.
So, yeah! That’s all there is about making and using the best DIY hair growth serum.
Do you have your own homemade hair serum recipe? What do you use to make your hair grow faster?